Friday, August 30, 2013

You Find Out Who Your Friends Are

We all question from time to time why bad things happen.  How can a family business used to support 10 growing children be closed down simply because four people out of five hundred and fifty do not like you?  How can five years of hard work and planning be suddenly down the drain?  We may not have answers to these questions yet but we do know that somehow some way, if it is God's will, things will work out.  And it is in times like this that a person learns who their friends really are.  I was at school yesterday and at 3:10 when the bell rang I got a txt message from my mom saying that the judge had ruled that our pumpkin patch is closed to the public on our property.  I was very upset, so much so that I was crying on my way to work. When I got home later that night I was still upset, but one thing that did inspire me and give me hope was to learn that almost the entire town of Hoyleton had learned of the ruling and had been calling our house and some neighbors had even come over to encourage us and to show their support.  Grown men with tears in their eyes had told us that things were going to be okay.  Women had told us we could use their yards to sell our produce since we are not allowed to sell it off of ours.  In times of discouragement it is a truly wonderful thing to know that you do have so many friends in the world who are willing to stand by you and help you in every way they can.  We do not know yet what will come in the days ahead, but my family does feel encouraged because of the support we have received over the last twenty four hours.  I just want to say THANK YOU SO MUCH TO ALL OF OUR FRIENDS WE ARE TRULY BLESSED TO HAVE SO MANY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Yours Truly,

The Country Kids
Tricia, Sarah, Cole, Dillon, Calista, Wyatt, Therese, Maryanne, Faith, and Anthony

P.S. Comments are welcome in the comment section below and you can find us on Facebook at Country  Kids Pumpkin Patch

6 comments:

  1. Why is the Pumpkin patch now closed to the public?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our permit was not issued via the right channels. Although we have 100% support from the town board and zoning board, something went wrong with the process. Our neighbors took advantage of this loop hole, hired an attorney, and took us to court. We lost the case and our permit was taken away. We are not allowed to have any customers on our property. We can grow the mums/pumpkins, but have to sell them off property. (Similar to a farmer harvesting his corn field.) Stay posted and don't change your plans yet. We are trying to figure out our plans. We have a great corn maze this year and some wonderful new activities.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so proud of you Tricia and all the Country Kids including your mom and dad. Hang in there, sweetie. Love you all. --- Aunt Beth

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just want to say that my family brought our daughter(almost 2) and son (4) there one year during the fall festival. That was the first time we had been there. It was a huge blessing to us. Our daughter (Grace Niermann) had many medical needs and we were able to walk her around in the corn maze in her special stroller and she really enjoyed it as did our son Isaac. It was one of the first times we were able to get her out of the house with all her equipment. Her brother was able to pick out small pumpkins for her to hold as well. As of April 18th this year, Gracie went to be with Jesus, just shy of her 3rd birthday. I am very happy that you and your family put so much hard work and passion into your property so kids like my daughter could enjoy it. Thank you for being a blessing to our family! We wish you well in the future and are quite sorry to hear about the unfortunate neighbors. God will help you endure.

    Jeremiah 29:11 NLT

    For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We remember your family! I had heard a little girl named Gracie had passed away this spring. I never made the connection until I saw your post. Please except our deepest sympathy. The Lord works in mysterious ways. Thanks for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete